[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: The Fetus Nebula - NGC 7008 - Inst: 22", f/4.1, Dob

Sorry to criticise but if we are talking about an unborn child it is Foetus
not Fetus. I know there is a shortage of Latin skills now :)

At 20:14 17/10/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>----
>
>Observer: Eric Honeycutt
>Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
>Date/time of observation: 8/10-11; 2300 EDT
>Location of site: Troutdale, VA (Lat 36, Elev 3500)
>Site classification: Rural
>Sky darkness: 7.0+ <Limiting magnitude>
>Seeing: 6 <10-1 Seeing Scale (1 best)>
>Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
>Instrument: 22", f/4.1, Dob
>Magnification: 288x with UHC
>Filter(s):
>Object(s): The Fetus Nebula - NGC 7008
>Category: Planetary nebula.
>Class:
>Constellation: CYG
>Data: mag 10.7V  size 98"x75"
>Position: RA :  DEC :
>The Fetus Nebula is a Pn that has absolutely striking detail! The fetus
shape is very obvious, even at low powers. Central star is an easy direct
vision object (13.2v) and is near "abdomen region". The Pn is very large in
the 9 Nagler at 288x. 2 medium-brightness stars are also within nebula; one
as an "eye" of the fetus and the other at the rear. 2 stars of roughly 11th
mag reside on N side of Pn. great object!