[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: M 77, NGC 1068 - Inst: 40" f/5 dob

Hi Lew,
	Thanks for the compliment, it's been awhile
since I've been accused of being subtle! <g>
This new scope has indeed taken some getting used
to.  The eyepiece is between 16 and 17 feet above
the floor of the observatory when pointed at the
zenith.  But the views afforded by this scope
have been great motivation to overcome my fear of
heights. The amount of detail visible, especially
in small bright objects such as Hubble's variable
nebula, and the eskimo nebula to name two that
come to mind, very closely approximates what is
visible in long exposure photographs.  I look
forward to recording many more observations with
this scope.

Mark

--
˙WPC