[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) IR bandpass filters

--- Lew Gramer <dedalus@latrade.com> wrote:

> Someone on a local Club e-list asked a question regarding special
high
> transmittance filters - basically, more "customized" versions of the
> well-known UHC, OIII, etc. filters. I believe the poster was an
> astro-imager, but thought this may be of interest to visual
> observers, too.
>
> Note that such filters are generally NOT inexpensive! Clear skies,
>
> Lew Gramer

Hi Lew,

You might also consider bandpass interference filters from Andover
Corporation [standard disclaimer -- I have no personal connection].

http://www.andcorp.com/Web_store/Standard_BP/Std_BP_General.html

They offer a 50mm Hydrogen Alpha filter, for example, for $186 --
Lumicon's price range.

http://www.andcorp.com/cgi-bin/Shopper.exe?key=656FS10-50&preadd=action

Filters are available for all parts of the spectrum; take your pick!

Clear skies,

Tom

=====
Thomas O'Hara, PhD
San Diego, California, USA
thomasohara@yahoo.com

"O Memory! thou midway world Twixt earth and Paradise,
Where things decayed and loved ones lost
In dreamy shadows rise."  -- Abraham Lincoln, 1844, Age 35