Constellation: Scorpius
Data: mag 6.5  size 6'
Position: RA 16:58  DEC 30:03
At 44x M62 is a rich cluster and looks very dense.  Using peripheral vision I can see that the cluster is not circular.  At 118x I can see some brighter stars standing out and also some dark areas in the cluster.  This is why the cluster does not look circular.  At 178x the cluster looks really dense and very rich.  I can definatly see some dark spots in the cluster.  Using direct vision I can see 2 stars that stand out inside the cluster.  Also the cluster is starting to look more grainy with the dim stars showing up especially when I use peripheral vision.  The dim stars are starting to appear but not with direct vision as individual points of light.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: