Constellation: Ophiuchus
Data: mag 7.9  size 13'
Position: RA 16:33  DEC -13:03
This cluster some 21,000 light-years away is very faint and I almost missed it.  I could not even see any detail at 178x.  At 44x M107 is a glowing object but I could see three distinct stars at the directions of northwest, south-southwest, and south-east.  There is also two stars in a line on the opposite side of the cluster from these 3 stars that make a right triangle.  With these five stars of nearly same magnitude they form an arrow with M107 in the middle.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: