Constellation: Vir
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
M104 is a great galaxy for light polluted observing.  This is my first
observation of this, and with 4mag skies. This was much brighter than expected.
It was edge on extending horizontally and looked much thinner than the pictures.
I was able to see the dust lane with direct vision, that was a shocker! The dust
lane was not centered but extended accross the top of the galaxy giving the
northern border a sharp boundry. With averted vision I could see the dark lane
and more galaxy above the dark lane came into view, but it was still wasnt
centered and ran closer to the top. I cant wait to get to a dark site and look
at this thing!!!!!  I went to one of my favorites NGC4565 and it fared much
worse in the light dome.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: