Observation Poster: Alexandru Tudorica <astrofireball@home.ro>

Observer: Alexandru Tudorica
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 16.04.2004 20:00 UT
Location of site: Ghirdoveni, Romania (Lat 45 N, Elev 260m)
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: +6.9 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 8 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 9 cm, f/11, ecuatorial
Magnification: 110X, 78X
Filter(s): none
Object(s): NGC 2022
Category: Planetary nebula.
Class:
Constellation: Ori
Data: mag 11.9  size 18"
Position: RA 05h:42'  DEC +9 deg:05'
This planetary was located using Sky atlas 2000, it tooked me about 5
minutes to find it. It is of moderate brightness in my telescope,
noticeable at 78X, and clearly visible at 110X. It was pretty low, at
about 15 degrees, but becouse it has a high surface brightness, it was
easy to locate. I did not saw any bright star near it, or the central
star, but i noticed the ring structure.I didn't observed the outer
halo, maybe becouse i didn't knowed about it. It is clearly in range
of a good 3.5" telescope under good skies.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: