[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor photography

> was under the impression using film with ASA as high as 3200 for wide-angle

>long exposure stuff was very problematic! George mentions in one of his
>messages
>that the stuff will begin to fog "almost immediately". How is it being used
>for
>exposures of 5, 15, or even 25 minutes then? (Just curious, as I happened on
>an
>old Minolta 35mm for $20 over the weekend! :>)
>
>Lew
 Lew,  Tmax 3200 doesn't fog almost immediately...that's not what is being
discussed.  I've made exposures with tmax 3200 up to 1.5 hours and no
appreciable fog...the problem is the opposite..dot it slows down in being
affected by light..dot it's not acting like ASA 3200, but rather somewhere below
ASA 100...possibly and probably lower.  I'm looking for film that won't slow
down it's ability to be exposed to light during long exposures...just the
opposite really.
George Z