[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Elevation Data

Thanks to both Georges for bringing this one up... So, I guess the question
still remains about noting constellation vs. altaz? Coincidentally, I can recall
one or two meteors last night alone which crossed a constellation boundary. This
would actually leave me recording two (even three!) constellation codes in some
cases. I guess the real issue, as GeoZay mentioned, is whether this data is
important enough to mention in simple counts, or whether analysis can just be
done on the available plot data? If any of it is worth counting, how can we
prioritize the possible different data items in terms of scientific importance?

a) elevation? (to what accuracy?)
b) constellation?
c) compass point? (45o or 90o accuracy?)
d) azimuth? (would have to be >45o accuracy :>)
e) star closest to start/center/end of path?

A summary of opinions on this might be interesting, especially from the folks
connected with data analysis at IMO and ALPO? Thanks,

Lew