[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) RE: Plotting maps

The actual scale of the maps is not a problem. The charts are digitized by a
computer. Marking at least three points with known coordinates (stars or the
little crosses on the charts or corners) yields the scale and all for the map.
However, copiers tend to produce different scales for along the paper motion in
the machine and perpendicular to it. Hence,  I'd recommend to use a master for
copies. Do not make copies of copies. If you got a copy from some one, use that
copy instead of your copies for copying... well, guess you know what I mean...

The charts are not yet digitized systematically. I am quite occupied with the
input of the visual summary data. Some groups enter their plotting data and make
the shower analysis by a computer.

The main reason for plotting is the more objective shower association after the
watch and the preservation of the meteor data for future analyses.

Rainer