[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Early Perseids?

Bob,

Actually, although I stated that I had problems with the early Perseids that
were being reported, I did say in my e-mail that I could live with it as long
as the rates were low and the correct radiant was being reported. George
confirmed the radiant was very close to the projections that I made, and the
rates are certainly low. I am confortable with this whole thing. I might be
reading more into your letter than I should be (it's been a bad week), but I
have known you long enough (at least a decade) to know your observations can
certainly be trusted! There is no problem here.  :-)

I am interested in this possible new radiant near Eta Persei. When you get a
chance I would once again like you to send me a summary of your Eta Persei
observations. If I find some historical evidence of the radiant's existence, I
might write something up for it as I hope to do for the Xi Draconids during the
next two weeks (vacation time).

By the way, ERP is an interesting abbreviation for the early Perseids, although
it may not encourage many observations.  :-)

Gary