[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Loonies

<< Everyone is welcome to join us "loonies" out here. Believe it or not we
 do encounter foul weather and smoke (such as today). Luckily, the bad
 weather is usually limited to the slow meteor season.

 As for being a "loonie", I am just taking advantage of my job
 scheduling which allows me to observe on 4 mornings per week. This
 could change at any time and my observing schedule could become
 limited.

 Loonie #1

As for me...My days off are never the same on a weekly basis...they change
constantly...sometimes my extended period lines up with dark skies and other
times it lines up with the full moon.  I just observe whenever I can on any
day as long as the moon is no problem, the weather is good, the conflict at
work is to a minimum and the conflict with the wife is also at a minimum.
 I'll get on average about 6 full nites per month and sometimes more...I can
manipulate some of my days off from work to match up with special
nights...but not too frequently or I can run into some trouble with the chief
eventually...I think whenever I call in sick they now take a look at a meteor
shower calendar.  I got it down to an art now...that is when to call in
sick...The funny thing though is that I'm not lying when I call in
sick...After being up all night...I don't feel so good...I usually just need
some rest and I'm ready for work the next day...amazing!  Anyhow, I have my
calendar year pretty much planned out...somedays I will burn up one of my
precious holidays for a special shower...like I will be doing with this years
Leonids and Geminids.  Well that's it from Loonie #2 in the South West.
George Zay