[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Technology Advantage

WAyne, Marji, and Andrew,

I can't help ya'll with the design end as I'm only a user and you are
talking above me already, but the discussion sounds interesting, and if the
problems you've mentioned could be worked out, seems it would be feasible
and worthwhile.

I have a few questions, that may show my ignorance, but wanted to ask anyway:

My main concern surrounds temperature. A computer has a recommended
operating range and with those of us observing year round, we would violate
that temp. range. But why does a computer have this limitation? What happens
if you do take it out in 30 degree weather for a couple hours? Can't they be
wired with some type of internal heating device, or is this an impossibility?

Is there a limit on how far from the CPU a "small recorder without a
keyboard" could be?

Thanks for the info!

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net