[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Triangulids/Arieids

At 12:57 19-08-96 -0400, you wrote:
>George,
>
>Good to talk to you last night (Sun). I was interested in more info about
>that new "shower" you were looking for plotters for. We started to talk about
>it then the chat line got too busy. All I have was to observe around 9/12,
>and possibly 3 to 5 meteors/hr....any other info...is there a radiant
>position to be tested?
>
>Kevin

George and Kevin:

Are you talking about fast meteors from the triangulum/aries region? If so,
these are indeed conspicuous (like last night!), though any real radiants
hard to establish. Our observers plotted a lot of them. Might be meteors
coming from the Apex, i.e. you see the Earth move through space and catch up
sporadic meteors. Peter (Jenniskens) wrote once about that in Radiant
(journal DMS), but have to look that up for more details.

Cheerio,

Marco Langbroek
|     Casper ter Kuile, Akker 145, NL-3732 XD De Bilt, the Netherlands     |
|    Phone: (31)-30-2203170; Fax: (31)-30-2202695; GSM: (31)-6-54723974    |
|                         E-mail: pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl                       |
|       World Wide Web: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm        |