[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Apex???

Hi all,
	I have not seen a defintion of this in any of the literature I've read,
 so I'd like someone to confirm that my understanding of this is correct.
Is this the point in the sky toward which the earth is heading in it's
orbit? I forgot who stated yesterday that the apex could seem to be a minor
shower source, and by my understanding this would be due to the approx 30
kps bias in that direction of the orbital motion. Have I got this straight?
If not, could someone straighten me out before I confuse myself?
Thanx, Wayne