[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball Reporting

<< A couple of weeks back I made a report about a bright single meteor that
 I had seen in broad daylight.  I thought this must be so rare that I
 thought it worth reporting to some official body and I filled out what I
 could on your NAMN form and also sent an attachment.  I have not seen any
 response to this and am curoius as to what it was.  I did see a brief
 report on a Denver TV news broadcast, and I also have a cutting from an
 Apen, CO. newspaper reporting it's sighting, so I know it was real.  The
 local police even sent out officers to try and find it. But I saw it in
 north western Oklahoma, almost four hundred miles from Denver, so I guess
 they didn't find it!  Did you ever see any reports, or hear about this
 meteor?  I would be grateful for any information, or sources.

 Best wishes
 Ron Rennie

------
Ron,
I believe I did get your Fireball Report.  If it was in good form, I would
have emailed it to FIDAC. I don't keep a log as to what reports I sent off so
I am not sure.  Eventually FIDAC sends out a Fireball Report...roughly on a
monthly basis. If they got it, it will be listed in their report. To tell the
truth, what I'm reading above sounds like additional information that I
didn't have initially. Or this could also be an event that I didn't get at
all either? I do know that I received a report from somebody awhile back that
was rather confusing...I couldn't interpret what was being said.  I don't
know if this was yours or somebody else's. Anyhow, unless I hear more info
from other people or indications about it being on the news or wording that
it was a day time event, I don't dwell on it too much other than forwarding
it  to FIDAC. But knowing how I would react, if you used the words day time
event, or in the news etc, I would have perked up for more info to forward on
to Zolensky as well.  Another possibility though...if the report reached my
knowledge about 3 or more days beyond the event, I probably would have
thought that it was too late to inform Zolensky and treated it as past event
that can't be pursued any further without more input from others. Sorry if it
didn't get sent thru..dot can't remember if it made it thru or not?
George Zay