[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: True Home Remedy for skunks

>And, once again, I was shoed away by the skunks, this time well before dawn!
>Something must be done about these critters, or I'll have to wait for the deep
>winter to observe again! Anybody know a True Home Remedy for skunk infestation?

Just in case you were not joking:
A technique used in Virginia sometimes was poison and live traps, but check
your local laws first. We had problems with rabid skunks so they permitted
this. Animal Control might be another source of info and sometimes would
take care of the problem for us. As an ex-hunter, I of couse made the
mistake of shooting one. Even though they are considered "varmints" under
state law and this is legal, the "smell" of my shot remained behind for some
time! So I can't recommend this tactic..dot besides your neighbors would then
cut on ALL the outside lights!

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net