[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Where's our handbooks

Malcolm Currie writes:
>> I've had proceedings Ppthat barely made it,
>> Heaven knows what they do to packages in the Fatherland.
Actually, I got a lot of damaged envelopes when they were posted
from Belgium some years ago.

>> Perhaps IMO needs to use stronger envelopes.
Maybe.

I have never received damaged documents from IMO, but the envelope
ALWAYS looks like it has been chewn by a dog. Its corners and sides
are more or less ripped apart.

I find it very strange to ALWAYS receive envelopes that are damged
the same way. The center of the envelope is NEVER damaged. The contents
are NEVER damaged. I suspect the damage is done on purpose, by Customs
officers looking for drugs. Once the envelope is damaged, one can easily
see into it, and verify that it does not contain BAD things.

This type of damage never occurs with envelopes sent inside Norway,
although the distance travelled can be greater than from Germany and
southern Norway (and probably also the number of re-loads from one
transportation medium to another)..

Perhaps a partially destroyed envelope is not strong enough to keep
the documents inside it, when posted on the long journey to the USA?

-- Trond