[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) sleep/meteor observing

> I was half-heartily kidding.  Don't know who would pay for that kind of
>  study.
------
WHEW!!!

No problem...I don't know what it may mean as to my observing abilities as
for sleep goes. but as you know I am a fireman as well as Kevtk...we do get
woke up many times during the night.  I get woken out of a sleep at least 3
or 4 times per night...mostly after midnight. I am use to getting woke
up..don't enjoy it of course. Have been doing this for 24 years now...Roaming
around after midnight is nothing new..dot it's not really easy...just learn how
to find the short cuts that will get you thru most nights with the least
intrusion. I almost always try to get a half hour nap during my lunch time as
well as an early evening snooze at about 6pm.  This is on duty habits.  My
observing habit is to get a few hours sleep right at the observatory prior to
the actual observing. I get everything all set up for the night before
napping. Then when I wake up I just have minimal preparation.  One thing that
the early daylight setting up seems to help is that I don't have to dwell on
making all my preparations when I do get up.  I'm able to relax easier ...and
sleep comes quicker....and seemingly more effective.
George