[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perception comparisons

To Joseph Assmus et al -

It would be interesting to see your results of observer perception comparisons
for - limiting magnitude, meteor magnitudes, meteor colours, size of perceived
field using averted vision, etc...

If you wanted to compare one-on-one for a long Geminid night, are you then
thinking of two observers observing exactly the same portion of the sky for the
night?  ie.  centered on the same area for the duration.  That way you would get
a sizable amount of hours and meteors to compare it over.

The Ottawa group, years ago, used to overlap a bit due to our coffin arrangement
- 8 observers, each facing a different compass point, so we would get a rough
idea of our differences in perception compared to our 'neighbour', but nothing
formal was done.

By the way, do you really work in "Sleep and Circadian Studies"??  Must be
perfect for a meteor observer :)  So, are there differences in perception
between 'day people' and 'night people'?

- Cathy Hall
  Ottawa, Canada