[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Lews Talk

<< Another idea for your talk might be to download images from the internet
and photograph your monitor using slide film.  Set your camera up on a
tripod, use a cable release, and also use an exposure long enough so you
won't get those annoying diagonal lines from your monitor on the slide.  I
have done this and it works very well.
 Using viewgraphs from photocopies of images from astronomy magazines are
good also.  Keeping the viewgraph in a clear sheet protector makes it easier
to handle,  and you can show them without taking them out of the sheet, plus
you can keep them indexed in a 3-ring binder. >>

Thats what I do for my talks also. I have Power Point, which really lends
itself to that operation. I use a 300 mm lens and set to camera to 1/8 second
and use a nice slide film. If you or a friend has a scanner, you can have
practically have any image you want ( I don't know about copyrights - but in
the name of education I do it.)

Kevin