[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) The Sun

At 06:30 PM 2/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I would like to know if anybody's looked at the sun lately.  I
>projected the sun's light on a paper, and there were no  sunspots.
>Is 47x enough?  Can somebody else take a look and tell me if they
>find any?  If a solar flare occured, would I detect it at 47x?
>
>Jonathan(NTZT04A@prodigy.com)
>http://pages.prodigy.com/Astro/homepage.htm

You are right,  Jonathon.   I just went out and had a look at the sun
through my 15 x 80 binoculars and the surface shows no spots at all.

I MUST  ADD A WARNING HERE!!!!!   DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.   WE ARE TRAINED
PROFESSIONALS AND KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING.  :-))

Actually, I have mylar solar filters installed which makes it safe to view
the sun directly.

Ron