[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) H-B, Evening and Morning

Ron,

Here's some good news, I saw the comet last night.  The bad news was
that it was through 3.5 mags of mist and murk.  As I write it is clear
apart from strands of dark cirrus and haze coming in from the NW.
Still I can see the comet and about 2 degrees of tail with a 12x40B,
about par from England these days.  If the orange fog stays away, I'll
go on the Berkshire Downs to get a better view.  It's not the Mojave
but at least it's dark, above the streetlights and much of the mist.

Many thanks for the generous offer.  I have to admit that the thought
of hopping on a plane had crossed my mind despite commitments.

> We'll celebrate with real "bangers and mash"  and have a "knees up" for you!

It was pie and mash in E.5.  I've not been to a "knees up" for over thirty
years.  You _have_ been away a long time.

Malcolm