[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hale Bopp and Meteor

<<
 The recent mail regarding  HB and meteors reminds me that I have a
 photograph, taken by a friend on our observing session at Mojave on the
 morning of March 9th.  It shows the comet, with the North America Nebula
 just to the east of it and there is a short, magnitude six meteorite just
 passing above  the nebula.
 If anybody would like a copy, I will scan it and send it email to anybody
 that requests it.  I could post it to meteorobs, but I don't want to clog up
 everbody's computer with a 1mb file.

Ron,
Is the meteor very brite on the print? Please do not email it to me....just
curious. Does he has accurate start/stop times of the exposure? What sized
lens and format was he using?
George Zay