[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Lyrid weather...

1st wrote:

>Now, picture this - 4:00 am EST (9:00 UT I believe), Joe Assmus is leaving a
bar in So Cal. weather is probably 60-70 deg. F and clear skies... 1st is on his
way to work to put in another 8 hour day by noon so he can get home to cut wood
for his woodstove for next year.  It is snowing again...

Well, yesterday, it snowed up here in Canada <all> afternoon and early evening.
And I sat here, drinking coffee and doing my taxes.... :(   Life is supposed to
improve though, forecast for next couple days sounds quite decent... it hit 11C
here today, about 52F, and felt soooo wonderful after a very long winter.... I
have hopes for Lyrids ;)

>Would someone PLEASE remind me why I live in the NE USA?  I can't believe that
the smell of cow manure in the spring and the change of seasons in the fall will
make this all worth it!  Lew, Wayne? CATHY?  and Cathy BTW  - PLEASE CLOSE THE
DOOR!

Why we live up here?  Gooood question!!!!  I know many people that are asking
the same thing after this last winter....!  But I mean, heck, somebody has to
watch for meteors when Southern California and Florida are cloudy!!!!  ;))

Good luck to the rest of you for Lyrids....  it might even be above freezing
here... I am so excited ;))

- Cathy
  Great White North