[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Upsilon Pegasids anyone? (Really: non-IMO shower velocities)

If the Cloud Gods allow, I'll be out doing some dark-sky plotting from about
July 29 to August 3. I'd like to identify any "Upsilon Pegasids" I happen to
observe. The snag is that my only source of UPE information is Gary Kronk's
excellent "Meteor Catalog", and Gary doesn't list radiant drift or geocentric
velocity data for his non-IMO showers! (Actually, I'm sure I could use those
orbital elements to DERIVE these data somehow, but that's beyond me... :>)

So my first question: what's the apparent velocity of the UPEs (i.e., what do
the reports of "swift" meteors mean, exactly)? Second question: from what
source can I find such details in future for OTHER non-IMO showers? Thanks!

Lew