[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) July 30 Observations

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

I observed for 4 hours this morning with George Zay from the Descanso
Observatory. Activity was very impressive this morning as a total of 142
meteors were seen. Once again I was plotting the sporadics and all
numerical data was recorded on tape. I was a bit disappointed in the low
rates of the PAU's and the SIA's but the strong showing of the SDA's was
impressive. I noticed that George seemed to be seeing many more Northern
Delta Aquarids and perhaps a few more Perseids than me. I probably
logged more South Delta Aquarids than he. It will be interesting to see
his totals. The totals for the SDA's would have been higher but there
was a 50% dropoff in rates during the third and fourth hours. The
Perseids were impressive with an average magnitude slightly brighter
than 2.00. The CAP's were also bright with an average magnitude just
over 2.00.

0800-0900 UT   .98   6.65   4 CAP   1 NDA   2 PER   9 SDA   1 SIA   13
SPO     30 TOTAL

0900-1000 UT   .95   6.61   3 CAP   1 NDA   1 PAU   3 PER   14  SDA   1
SIA   22 SPO   45 TOTAL

1000-1100 UT   .95   6.56   2 CAP   3 NDA   1 PAU   8 PER   6 SDA   2
SIA   18 SPO     40 TOTAL

1100-1200 UT   .98   6.26   3 CAP   1 NDA   5 PER   7 SDA   11 SPO   27
TOTAL

TeFF reduction: 15 sec per plot. The sky was clear the entire night.

I was facing East Southeast at an elevation of 70 degrees.

Beginning Temperature/Relative Humidity:   49 F   (9 C)   51%

Ending Temperature/Relative Humidity:   47 F   (8 C)   49%

Bob Lunsford