[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) August 7/8 report LANMA

Night report August 7/8 Marco Langbroek, the Netherlands

Good morning everybody,

Below my data of last night. This night more or less fizzled. It started
all well with a nice sky, but after some time the limiting magnitude
decreased, became slightly variable, and we received distorting calls from
the stations to the east of us that they were clouded out. Around 2:15 am
local time, the cirrus intruded and persisted untill well into morning
twilight.

Well, still seen some nice meteors that made the night worthwhile. A nice
yellow -2 Perseid at 22:01:28 UT and a nice -1 sporadic at 23:40:28 for
example. And a rather nice share of delta Aquarids. A +2 Capricornid made
the typical long sloooooooow traject low in the sky.

Early in the night, we saw the Mir passing over (twice), again followed by
another object but this time at a much larger distance than the previous
night. The second object was slightly variable so we suspect it was one of
the rocket stages.

Best wishes,

-Marco.

Observer: Marco Langbroek (LANMA    -     MLV)
Location: Biddinghuizen, the Netherlands, 52d 29' N, 5d 41' E

Date: August 7/8 1997

UT		Teff	Lm	Per	d Aqr	i Aqr	Cyg	Cap	Spo

21:17 - 22:18	0.98	6.7	9	5	2	1	1	14
22:21 - 23:30	1.00	6.6	11	0	1	1	1	15
23:30 - 00:15	0.70	6.5	10	3	2	1	0	15

TOTAL		2.68	<6.6>	30	8	5	3	2	44	92

Stream		-2	-1	0	1	2	3	4	5	6

Sporadics	0	1	0	2	6	8	14	9	4
Perseids		1	0	1	2	6	7	7	6	0
d Aquarids	0	0	0	0	0	3	3	2	0
i Aquarids	0	0	0	0	0	2	2	1	0
k Cygnids	0	0	0	0	0	2	0	1	0
Capricornids	0	0	0	0	2	0	0	0	0

Leonids-'98? A once (twice?) in your lifetime appearance! You can't afford
to miss it!

Casper ter Kuile, Akker 145, NL-3732 XD, De Bilt, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-30-2203170;  Fax: +31-30-2202695;  GSM: +31-6-54723974
E-mail1: pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl;  E-mail2: casper.ter.kuile@rivmdot nl
WWW: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm