[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NAMN LM Charts

With some trepidation I'll enter this thread laden with heavy sarcasm. (-:

I just want to point out (again) Veikko Mäkelä's (Finnish Amateur
Astronomy) pages which have charts of the IMO LM regions.  These GIFS
are about 4k each.  Looking at a small random sampling, they cover
more of the sky compared with the NAMN equivalents.  The brightest
stars are annotated with their Greek-letter designations.  These two
facts make the LM areas easier to locate (which I *think* is the gist
of George's gripe).  If you want an alternative to the images taken
from Altas Brno Perhaps Gary or Mark could approach Veikko
(Veikko.Makela@Helsinki.fi) to include these charts in the NAMN pages,
assuming people think they are an improvement.

   http://www.funet.fi/pub/astro/html/eng/obs/rjm.html

The main drawback is that the Finnish charts don't include the southern
extension (charts 21 to 30), which is fair enough for Finland, but
might not be adequate for Florida.

Malcolm