[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leaving for the Leonid Train

Well..dot it's 4:30 pm local. In about 30 minutes I'll be leaving for my
observatory to prepare to watch tonights Leonid activity. The weather
indications I have at the moment is that it isn't going to be very good
observing from the observatory. But it seems like if I head towards yuma,
ariz I should run into some clear skies or at least partial cleared skies.
That's about a 3 hour drive from here. Bob is suppose to call me just before
I leave to get a check up on the weather from Edwards AFB with Peter Brown
and his group of people.  I suspect they will have to move Southeast
themselves to find some observable skies judging by the latest Regional
Observations. It's conceivable that we may cross paths along the road near
Yuma...but I won't be looking for them. Will try to give a quick summary in
the morning when I come dragging on in.
George Zay