[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Palm Springs Leonids 11/16-17/98

Don>>At 3:31 am local I saw a very bright meteor arc from high in the
northern
sky, (about 60 deg ele) straight down  Leaving a long sparkly trail and
disintagrating at about 15 deg above the horizon the meteor was relativley
fast, as compaired to most that I saw.The train was Yellowish green, and
lasted only about 2 seconds. The thing that was most impressive about this
meteor, was its extraordinary brightness... even with that bright moon
overhead... It was signifigant....  <<

Don, I believe I saw this one too. I have recorded a -9 Leonid with an 8
second train low to my Northwest from the Yuma, Ariz area. It occurred at
3:28m 30sec. I also have a -3 Leonid at 3:31...but don't remember which
direction it occurred.
George Zay