[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Erratum: My LEONID report

>LEW,
>By the way, I noticed that your form only listed individual meteors if they
>had trains. Did you also note magnitudes, associations, etc. for meteors
>without trains? If so, I believe Mark, Rainer, et al would be interested in
>seeing those listed right alongside the trained ones.

  Hey there Lew,

    Yes, I have full data on all meteors observed... The "form" of my report
  was modified alittle...  The NAMN form does provide a table to list
  time,shower,mag, trained, etc for EVERY meteor seen..(IMO doesn't), and I
  was going to do that.. but (heres my excuse), I use my office computer to do
  emailing, it was 7am Monday when I typed my report and I wanted to get home
  and get to sleep so, to expedite my report writing, I decided at the last
  minute, 'ah, what the hell, I'll tabulate  just the trained/waked
  meteors'.  I have since entered my full data into a QUATRO PRO speadsheet..
  I will take the time and enter full data/descriptions on all 64 meteors
  recorded.

     Also, I noted a glaring ERROR in my posted LEONID report.  The Lm's I
  listed within intro text, as well as the Lm's listed in my "LIMITING MAG
  DATA" table ARE INCORRECT.  However, the Lm's within my summary table ARE
  CORRECT.  My Lm for the night was 5.2-5.4, NOT 5.4-5.6.

     An AREA 3 star count of 8 ---> Lm = 5.2
     AN AREA 3 star count of 9 ---) Lm = 5.4.

     That is all.

     Regards,

     Joseph