[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 11/17/97 Leonids at Poplar Springs

>2330 CST / 0530 UT -

Lord, Jim, there really are Floridians in the Central time zone! <grin>

Seriously, thanks for a great report of the radio activity... Wish I had
known about it at the time! Although it was nice to catch some enhanced
fireball rates, I would have definitely tried doing some telescopic charts
if I'd known what the radio echoes were doing!

Is it possible that we passed through a subsheet of the major swarm that
had a much higher quote-R-endquote factor than the rest for some reason? Or
is it even possible there was enough microlocal variation in the stream
structure that a few hundred miles could make that much difference??

Weird results indeed,
Lew