[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Timing Belt Adjustment

After finally getting a good full night's sleep, i awoke this morning to
review some mail, including my own last message.

I have to laugh out loud at my own glaring error, which was also caught by
fellow Floridian Norman Mcleod.

I wrote:

"Sho' nuff, Y'all.  The turist-and-oranges portion of
florida tends to forget the "old south" portion -- including the capitol,
Tallahassee:  which is also in the central time zone.  "

Norm gently pointed out to me:

"Tallahassee is in Eastern Time.  The border for Central is the Apalachicola
River, coming down from the FL-GA-AL  triple point, perhaps 80 miles west of
Tallahassee."

I knew that, really, I did! <grin>

i will be closing on a house in Tallahassee next month, and beginning
classes at FSU in January.  For now however, I live on the western side of
the river, in the Central Time Zone.

Take care,

Jim

James Richardson
Graceville, Florida
richardson@digitalexp.com

Operations Manager / Radiometeor Project Coordinator
American Meteor Society (AMS)
http://www.serve.com/meteors/