[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) East Coast NAMN get together

Hi Everyone!!

It was nice talking with all of you again.

After I left the chat, I pulled out the maps and CAA booklets, and
found a couple of spots.

For those in the US, check your maps, so you will know where it is.

I think the best route that Cathy and I will take ( though open for
changes ), will be I81 to Interestate 250 over to route 28 then down
to Greenbank.

Now for the campsites.

There are 2 south of Greenbank, one in Dunmore in Seneca State
Forest, wth RV-10 sites available there are cabins, no showers pit
toilets lots of fishing, bicycle trails, hiking trails and boat
rentals, cost aprox &7.00 per night

2nd- in Frost, futher south , bird run, no fee, no showers, only
fishing

Further North of Greenbank

Cherry Grove- approx 5-7 $ per night, rv sites available, no showers,
pit toilets, boat ramp, trials fishing and boating National forest
service

Seneca Rocks, looks about 1 hour from Greenbank 5-10 $ per night, has
rv sites, flush toilets, and visitor centre, has fishing and nature
trails.

If there is anything that anyone else can find for a camp ground, the
floor is open.  I do not believe that we will have to pre-book , but
maybe.  How is the camp sites anyway.? Do they generally fill up
quickly.

Well, that is all or now. It looks like Dunmore is closest, however,
depends on how high you might want to be in the mountains. Remember
to bring warm clothes.

Talk soon

Kim
Moonlight Cascade