[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observations 26-27 March

Posting some observations, mainly monitoring the Virginids activity.  2 hours in total.
I will post what Virginid observations I have early in April.

A few other minor streams observed also.  See Below

(All dates and times below in UT.  Minor streams:  Alpha Corvids ACO, Alpha Lepids ALP, Delta Pavonids DPA)

Date       Time UT         LM      Teff     VIR   ACO   ALP   DPA  SPO   TOT
26/3/98  13:00-14:00  +6.25  0.970    1        1         1         0        5         8
26/3/98  14:00-15:00  +6.30  0.965    3        0         0         0        7        10

Reasonable activity from the Virginids in the second hour.  I hope to observe tonight but the weather has been
on and off today.  At the time of writing this at 21.45 AEST (11.45 UT) it is raining lightly but still looks
as if it could clear as the night goes on.  We'll see hey.

Until next time, clear skies
Adam Marsh, ASV Meteor Section, Asst Director.