[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Watches and Batteries.

As the initial confusion regarding the word "battery" was due to my message,
perhaps I can put in my 2c worth.  For several decades, British amateurs
have used camera BATTERIES for meteor photography.  In the mid 1970's I
made a battery of 8 Lubitel II cameras.  It is quite understandable that
with reference to battery and Canon T70 in the same sentence, someone who
operated several batteries of T70 cameras would assume that was the reference.
Whilst ARRAY may cause less confusion and may be considered more appropriate
the word BATTERY is in use and this is the first occasion that I have found
any confusion.
Cheers, Rob McNaught
(rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au)