[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Time recording

On March 22 Kim asked:

>I think the hardest thing I can see is recording the time. How can
>you record the time accurately ( if doing a tape recording report),
>without dropping your tape recorder, to turn on the light on your
>watch to tell the time, and ruin your night vision at the same time.

Here is an idea about recording time while watching for meteors. I
purchased a little microcassette recorder made by Olympus. It is their
Pearlcorder S950. It records the time when it is turn on each time you want
to make a comment. Later when you play it back the time of the recording is
displayed on a small LED read out. It also has a voice activated feature so
that you don't even have to push any buttons. The time is only recorded in
hours and minutes (no seconds).

You can get local dealers addresses from: 800-221-3000 if you are interested

I have not been able to try this out in actual meteor observing as we have
had few clear nights down here in Ecuador for the past months, do the El
Nino weather. Let me know if some one else has tried this little recorder out.

Robert E. Meyer
Cuenca, Ecuador
rmeyer@cue.satnetdot net