[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ARCHIVE RESEND Re: (meteorobs) Iridium flares and meteor photography

[One more time - sorry all! -Lew]

<<
 So I can see those iridium flares here (Lat.: 46.77 Long.: -71.33) near
midnight. I think that you can see those flares near midnight if you are near
solstice and if your ground-based site is a high latitude.

 What do you think? >>

I stand corrected then.  All the predictions I have seen from my area show
then an hour or two after sundset and an hour or two before dawn.

But wait a minute, doesn't then sun stay up longer in the northern climates?
When I was in Ireland - sunset was around 10:45 PM in the early summer! An
hour or two would bring it near midnight.

Nah, I'll stick to my original statement.

Kevin