[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Questions

Hi!!

Went out and observed July 26/27 and saw an increased amount of
activity from July 23/24.

I have a few questions:

1) Can you count the meteors into your tally, if you have not
offically started?

2) Since the moon will be interfering the night of the maximum of the
Persieds , and you see a meteor and call its magnification, does the
moons brightness come into account at all, since the meteor probably
may have been brighter?

3) One more. I had a slow moving meteor, bright , mag2 coming from
the south to the Northwest direction. If traced back it was coming
from Aquarius. Since I do not quite understand the N/S Aquairds,
which one does anyone think that this meteor belonged to.

Thats it for now

Kim

I have not decoded my tape yet, but will post what I did.
Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH