[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations July 29/30

GeoZay> Kim, if you are plotting you are suppose to use a ruler to line up
with your
> drawn in meteors to see if they come relatively close to a radiant position
of
> a shower or not. I do this with all my plots on paper.  <<

Kim>>Yes, I knew that you drew the lines with a ruler, I was just
wondering if the lines are drawn backwards to the edge of the page.
To see how many would converge at one point.<<

Yes I do this on occasions when I suspect a possible new radiant. I usually
use a different colored pen so I won't get all confused. l don't submit any of
my reports like this to Rainer however.

GeoZay> The entry speed of the North Delta Aquarids is 42 km/s. I know you
have a copy
> of my book. The various shower speeds is listed  on page 68. <<

Kim>>Ok, thanks George, I will take a look. I would presume by 42 km/s
that it would be med fast.<<

Saying that they are medium fast is a fair description.
George Zay