[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) A favor please

>Hi group,
>
>I've just gotten back to the listserv from a family crisis to find over 200
>messages. With all the newbies on board and not trying to sound like an ol'
>grump - could we please try to refrain from sending one line posts that have
>meaning to only one person. There have been many messages that were definitely
>meant for just one person and it takes a long time (time = $$) to sift thru
>and delete these messages that isn't meant for the whole group. Please check
>your To:  box before hitting the send button.
>
>Getting off the soapbox now,

Kevin,

 I sympathize with you considerably, especially since my computer has been
down at the college all summer-three months and I am just now trying to get
a handle on e-mail. However I would like to point out that a lot of the
questions and the answers intended for only one person have benefits to
many, even some of the experienced. I would rather sort through extra mail
than miss out on a useful website that was the answer to someone's personal
question, but the answer come to the group. I have always urged erring on
the liberal side with this matter though I am conservative in other
respects.

Terry

Terry Richardson
Department of Physics and Astronomy
College of Charleston
Charleston, SC 29424
pager #937-1048
note new area code for the SC Lowcountry!
843 953-8071 phone
843 953-4824 fax
http://www.cofcdot edu/~richardt/