[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Frustration

Good Morning All!!

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, just very busy these
days.

I finally got out this morning, after getting up to late yesterday
morning., and went out to observe.

There is Jupiter shinning brightly and Saturn a glowing, so I set up
the scope to polar align, at which point I am having trouble, fine I
say, lets look at the planets. Swing around, and the low cloud band
that was on the southern horizon has risen and taken over Jupiter.
Ah, ok, Saturn, now its gone. So I hmm, and haa and wait. Then I get
the planets great stuff. Very nice to be out with the sky.

I put the scope away to settle down for some meteor observing. Ah, a
nice Northwest view, Cygnus standing straight up, Cass lying upside
down, I am trying to find a triangle to get a magnitude, and whats
this, cloud, Ahh, it swallowed everything up.

After waiting for a bit, it did not clear, ok, move the chair, we
will observe the Southeast portion of the sky. There is Orion in all
his glory, find a triangle #22, get a magnitude 6.2 and just
settling back and the clouds devour Orion.

Thats it, it was 5:20 am, and I packed it in. The intention of
observing was there, the sky was not cooperating. It was nice to see
what I did, because the next 4 days and nights are calling for rain
and cloud.

Kim
Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH