[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Lew, this has been unfair.

I was away for the weekend and so have just check my mail. I am the party
whose innocent curiosity apparently started all of the "stay on target"
speeches. I am a novice to astronomical sitings and to newsgroups as well. I
had no idea that my question had no relation to the fireball I observed and in
defense so Dave feel that if the postings are to be so specific that perhaps
there is a way to inform newcomers who have no way of knowing. I have since
received several personal emails from other members of the group who do not
think the topic off target and who have offered very helpful information.
Perhaps you could direct me to another site where newcomers and their
questions would be welcomed. I have no desire to be a bother to anyone and
certainly do not want to be where I am not welcome . I have heard from many
members who have politely answered my questions and cleared up misconceptions
that I otherwise might have had. I regret that my exhuberant interest has
caused so much disagreement and that it has resulted in the resignation of
someone kind and patient enough to prepare a answer for a novice. I feel that
the only stupid questions are those not asked and that people like Dave are an
asset to any group because a greater understanding can only benefit the whole.
Since a novice is not likely to know which questions might be off target
perhaps those who want to help can answer privately and those who don't can
ignore it. Is that possible?

Joy