[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Blackholes and Lives of Stars......

MMHASKE@aol.com wrote:

> WOW!!!!  Gregory, I didn't realize this was a philosophy group but since you
> pose the quesitons I owe you a response.

Dear Blackhole and Lives of Star Threaders:

The point here I believe, is that the "H" word was used to describe
Astrology.  (Equine Manure).  Some people obviously did not like that
word and I believe no one would have said a word about the slight
off-topic posting, had it not been for that word.  I can sympathize with
them as there are juveniles who read this forum.  It was not that big of
a deal to me, but a better "H" word would have been used, such
as..."hogwash" which I too believe Astrology is.

Anyway, I think this thread has gone on long enough and we should
concentrate on the Giacobinids or Leonids coming up.  It seems that
everyone would be happy if no use of George Carlin's "Seven Words" were
displayed here in public.  Not politically correct, I guess you could
say.

If you subscribe to the meteoritecentral list, they seem much more
lenient.  There are more posts of general astronomy and you can listen
in to the meteorite dealers bicker over the Portales fall and the
Monohans.  Quite interesting.

In short, can we just move on and deal with business at hand...the
upcoming meteor showers?

Thanks, I am done now.

Dave Andrews