[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re:Leonids colors

Mark Vints wrote:
> 1.) I saw a stationary fireball in Leo's sickle, which left a green puff of
> cloud (meteor train) that later faded to grey and drifted away.

I hope the "Shadow" doesn't see this!  Don't worry Mark, I know what you
are talking about and what you saw.  I was reminded that these were
called "pointers."  I saw two of these, and they were both green also.
They were both originating less than 1/4o S from Gamma Leo or Algieba
(better use both names or I will get another anonymous DUH! email.)

Best regards,
D(uh)ave