[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Montana/Idaho Fireball

>>>I am wondering if you have gathered any information on the fireball over
the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness in Montana/Idaho? I saw this and have a lot
of info on it and felt and heard the sound waves.  The University of Montana
recorded the sound waves. I am not a technical person, but I did see it and
I made many notes about it.  I also would like to know if anyone is looking
for it? Thank you for your time.  If you have any questions please feel free
to ask.
Many Blessings;-)
Susi Alexander>>

 Mark:
Following is my reply in part to Susi Alexander.  I was sent an article from
the Tri City Herald dated on April 23, 1999 about a meteor that went sailing
through Washington State, Idaho and Montana on Wednesday, April 21, 1999 at
9:19 P.M. It was seen in Richland, WA, Yakima, Walla Walla, Spokane and
Victor, Montana (south of Missoula). That appears to be a very wide swath.

I wonder if this is the same one you saw and heard ? I am particularly
interested in the sound waves and the person to contact at the Univ. of
Montana who recorded the sound waves, even if it is a different one.

Mark, any comments about the seeng this meteor seen at so many cities would
be appreciated .

Lloyd Mielke, Kansas City, MO