[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: T-max 3200 film

Hi Bob and other meteor photographers,

Members of the Dutch Meteor Society (team Delphinus) use Canon T-70 SLR
kamera's equipped with 50 mm lenses. These are stopped down to from 1.8 to
2.8 to have sharper images. One T-70 is equiped with a Command-Back-70
which controlles all other camara's. The command-back-70 can be programmed
to have the T-70's automatically acquire 36 pictures every 15 minutes.

We use Kodak Tri-X Pan, or Kodak Tri-X 400 (not T-max-400!) and develop in
HC-110 for about 5 (Pan) to 6 (400) minutes at 22 degrees Celsius.
This combination results in fine high contrast negatives whereas T-max
results in lesser contrast using the T-max developer.

Our exposuretime depends on the amount of light and clouds present. On dark
nights (no moon, no citylight, no clouds) we use an exposuretime of 15 to
20 minutes for camera's at high elevation and 15 minutes at maximum for
camera's at low elevation (aimed at 30 degrees elevation). In lighter
conditions these exposuretimes are decreased.

Give it a try and we wish you succes!

Casper.

At 20:07 14-08-1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Just a warning about using T-max 3200 film:
>
>This film is excellent but since it is so fast it tends to fog rather
>quickly. My first roll was exposed at 15 minutes per frame and appeared
>overexposed. This was at a site where the limiting magnitude exceeded
>6.5. The next roll exposed at 10 minutes per frame appeared much nicer
>and still picked up some great deep sky objects plus meteors. I was
>using a 28mm F2.8 lens on both occasions.
>
>Good Luck!
>
>Bob Lunsford
>
>"T. M." wrote:
>>
>> Perseids were a wash out here in northcentral PA. Heavy cloud cover.
>>
>> A question: I see messages referring to "3 hours Teff".  What is "Teff"?
>>
>> I just ordered 3 rolls of T-max 3200 film. I'm gonna bag some meteors yet!
>>
>> To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'meteorobs' email list, use the Web form at:
>> http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/subscribe.html
>To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'meteorobs' email list, use the Web form at:
>http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/subscribe.html

Casper ter Kuile, Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)
Akker 145, NL-3732 XD, De Bilt, The Netherlands
Tel. +(31)-30-2203170, Fax. +(31)-30-2202695
GSM-BEN: +(31)-6-24242445, GSM-KPN: +(31)-6-53270844
E-mail_1: pegasoft@accu.uudot nl
E-mail_2: dms-web@wxsdot nl
DMS website: http://home.wxsdot nl/~dms-web/index.html

Follow-Ups: References: