[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) - meteor sighting Tuesday morning - Follow up...

First Lew, thanks for the reporting site, I still intend to give them my
report but I am brushing up on my longitude, latitude stuff.  :-)  Don't
worry, I've told the story enough that I'll never forget it.  Of course,
being a fisherman, the meteor has grown into "another planet converging
with Earth" story.  Ha ha.  Its much like that "10 pound bass" I caught
last year.  I wasn't really lying, people in England would pay ten
pounds for it.  :-)

B Yen:  More seriosly, you seemed to have nailed it on the head.  It
apparently was a Russian rocket entering the atmosphere.  That is the
news I get out of Tampa (no news in Pensacola as usual).  In a way,
certainly I was disappointed to know it was man-made.  I don't know why
exactly but it just isn't the same thrill as having seen a really large
meteor pass by (and I'm not an official "meteor watcher").  I just
thought I'd seen a one-in-a-billion thing.  It probably wasn't.

Terry, thanks for the follow up.  I wish I could keep the sightings
coming.  :-)

Everyone else, I just want to thank everyone for being very nice to me
about this report.  I've been on the internet for several years and most
specialized groups are like maneaters when an outsider tries to
contribute.  I was very hesitant to contribute here based on that.  I
figured you'd call me a liar or something.  You all were great and I
can't thank you enough.  I'll stay subscribed to "hear" what you guys
see.  Maybe I'll be blessed to see another oddity in my life as I'm
outside at night a lot.  If I do, you can be sure I'll let you know
first.  Thanks again and maybe I'll finally figure out what the hell you
guys are saying with your reports!  :-)

-Chip