[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Information please

Hi folks:

    I used Home Planet - a freeware and here is a link to this wonderful program.

    http://www.fourmilab.ch:80/homeplanet/homeplanet.html.

I am sure there are tons of similar software out there. This work for me before
and I have used this to figure out what planet-star conjuction, rise time of
planets and where is the moon etc...  eventhough I own Guide 7 and Skymap Pro
5.0.

Beboutwebb@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Meteorobs Members:
>
> We are in need of a computer software program (or something) that can give us
> the location of constellations and planets at a given time for our longitude
> and latitude.  The light pollution is great here.  However it is possible to
> see bright meteors from our back yard.  Our problem is that we can only see
> bright stars and bright planets.  The books and star charts are OK for clear
> nights but a print out of the location of planets and also bright stars for a
> given time and day would help us beginners to find radiants when the excess
> light mixes with smog and coastal haze.
>
> We have an inexpensive software program that does exactly what we need, but
> the 5 different computers we have tried it on (neighbors and our computer)
> shows that it is a poorly made item that freezes up any computer after a few
> minutes.  Do you know of a moderately priced device or computer software
> program that would help us when only the brightest celestial bodies are
> visible, especially regarding the planets?
>
> Not especially clear skies here,
> Mrs. Webb, Elisa, and RJ
> Anaheim, CA USA

We have similar ( or worse light pollution here as well).

rgds
ykChia
--
Singapore